As the New Year approaches, I always take some time during these last few days of the year to reflect on my resolutions from the previous year and come up with some goals for the year ahead. This year has been an emotional rollercoaster. Going from not having any kids to a new born and everything that comes along with it has been challenging but a delightful journey. While making New Year’s resolutions might seem cliché to some, I truly enjoy the practice of setting positive intentions for the year ahead.
This year, my New Year’s Resolution is to embrace the chaos that having a child has brought into my life. I will accept that my days are now planned around naps, that every room will have at least one toy on the floor, and that coffee might be needed, that I might miss a few gym sessions and that our apartment will forever look a mess now. Serenity may only be four months old, but she has already taught me some pretty valuable life lessons. Some of my other resolutions are as followed:
- Get healthy and Fit
- I’m already ahead of the game. I have my appointment with my nutritionist for 1/7/19 and I’ve been hitting the gym more than before. As I’m now utilizing the Day Care there.
- Go with the FLOW
- Massive changes are coming to our lives, both professional and personal. More details to come in the next two months or so.
- This has been a goal of mine since my pregnancy started. I was doing fine until my maternity leave came and went. I can’t stress it too much so I’ll keep pushing myself to do better and continue saving as much as possible.
- Create & be consistent with my blog post
- I want my blog to continue growing and make it a passive income. Which would come in handy in the future, due to the changes that will be coming our way.
- I want to create quality content for both my youtube channel and blog
- I hope to invest in a quality camera this year in order to make this happen. Aside from this, I’ve started to write down ideas that I can incorporate for both platforms or bounce off each other.
- Increase Network Among Bloggers/ Youtubers
- I have a few on both platforms and let me just say… THANK YOU! This has helped me find solutions to numerous problem I was facing. Many times we support each other by sharing content, ideas etc…
- Invest in self care
- This should be applied to anyone no matter what, but as a Mom, IT IS A MUST
- Think Positive
- Whatever you put out into the universe and your mind, is what you’ll sow.
- Be Present
- Self explanatory in our modern world, especially when you do blogging and youtube as a hobby/work.
- Consider Applying and Going to Grad School
- This has always been part of the plan, its just that with work and now a baby, it was put onto the back burner. But now with all of the changes that are occurring, this may be the year where I’ll start shopping for universities. And who knows, maybe even apply & attend.
I challenge you to share your own New Year’s resolution in the comments so that we can all hold each other accountable.
XO Blanca- Millennial and Pregnant